Training & education
For individual Officers or teams wishing to develop their forensic skills, MSA experts can provide training and education at all levels. Options include a variety of presentations as part of training days, courses and meetings. In 2009 MSA experts worked with CID teams, Economic Crime Teams, Serious Organised Crime Teams, and Drugs teams within Forces including W. Midlands, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Humberside, SCDEA, W. Mercia, Cleveland, Kent, Sussex, and Bedfordshire.
During these presentations and seminars we typically discuss the various aspects of trace and bulk drug analysis, our latest Research & Development in advanced forensic analysis, and the evidential value we can provide in cases, as well as providing training on the seizure and handling of exhibits. Topic areas include:
- Trace Detection of Drugs on Banknotes or Documents
- Trace Detection of Drugs on Counting Machines
- Plastics, Tape, Clingfilm and Drugs Matching
- Trace Detection of Drugs on Clothing
- Trace Detection of Drugs in Vehicles
- Trace Detection of Drugs on Mobile Telephones
- Trace Detection of Drugs in Premises
- Civil and Criminal Casework Examples
- Scenes of Crime Sample Collection
- Advice on Handling Exhibits
- Isotope Profiling and Matching of Drugs and Explosives
- Packaging Matching using Physical and Chemical Methods
The type of presentation or seminar we can give to your team can be tailored depending on the area of interest and most importantly we will focus on the evidential value that our evidence could provide to your cases.
This is something we do at no cost to you and we can travel to all locations in the UK.
If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please contact us through this website, or call us directly to arrange a convenient time and date.
Drug menace off the streets
A significant, longstanding figure within the drug dealing fraternity in Scotland has recently been found guilty by a majority verdict.
Mass Spec Analytical on the road
Over the past few months, MSA experts has been on the road providing training and educational talks to over 35 different law enforcement groups throughout the UK.
Case study spotlight
Drug Trafficking/Money Laundering Operation: Drugs on money
The Operation was a long running international drug smuggling operation resulting in the seizure of more than 12 tons of controlled drugs with an estimated street value in excess of £61 million.